What is this ?

flattopvic
This post was updated on .
Hi,

I'm new to all this. I acquired a Allied Radio Corp No.  83 R075.  It has three tubes, Sylvania 35Z5, 50L6 and a 12SQ7 also has a power cord and to dials connected by cables and a small transformer.

It has speaker out coming from the transformer, pick spades labeled  +  - and a 2 pin female plug  labeled motor.

What actually is this unit and what is need to get it to work ?

any help would be greatly appreciated !

thanks,

Added photo hope this helps and went thru

MD

Re: What is this ?

MD
Administrator
Can you include a photo?

Re: What is this ?

flattopvic
Hi,

I attached a photo to my post, hope this helps.

thanks

Re: What is this ?

Mike
From the photo and your description, I think it's an amplifier (for sound/music).  The "motor" leads might have gone to a turntable.

I don't think this was a stand-alone amplifier, but more of a component of a larger stereo cabinet that had a turntable and speakers also built-in.