Quantcast

Ex-Allied employees

Ted Bleiman K9MDM
I worked in the 100 n Western Store in 1960 and 1966 on the floor and in customer service.
 I'm wondering if any co-workers are still around  (I'm 71) and where they are.
It was a very diverse group.
I liked the customer service job better than catalog sales. It taxed my technical knowledge and
gave me an opportunity to assist customers who had no electronic knowledge with problems they
encountered or assist them with ideas they had and no technical back ground to accomplish them.
I could write a book about some of these incidents . I have a small collection of Allied Catalogs I have treasured over the years. This group and the website are a nostalgic look back for me. I appreciate all the
work it took to compile this.
I can be reached at k9mdm@yahoo.com

Re: Ex-Allied employees

Bill Joynt
Hi.
Worked at Allied in 1950, went in the Army in 1952 and when I came back they had moved to the new Western Ave. location.  When they merged with Tandy, I moved to competitor Newark.

Bill Joynt

Re: Ex-Allied employees

bHogan
As my first job out of HS, I worked at the 100 N Western store in 1967 on the Allied Electronics side.
I started in the industrial phone room wearing a headset and taking phone orders.

Later I manned the Industrial Counter on the retail floor.  Got to meet the the industrial customers and pull any part we had in stock. I thought it was the best job in the whole place.

I loved Allied, learned a lot, and worked with great people. I was there until I went into the USAF.

I was there when Allied was bought by LTV, which IMO, was the beginning of the end.

John

Re: Ex-Allied employees

cmarti
Question for the Allied ex-employees.

When it was that Radio Shack started selling Allied audio equipment and how did the business relationship started?

Thanks for being part of the Allied history :)